Hey! I had a GREAT day today! First of all, my mom and I left around 11:30 and went to the library, where I proceeded to get seven or eight books eight-- the usual:). Then we headed on to 'The Shoppes on Main' which was a collection of stores in one building in Fuquay. Yeah, that's the name of my town-- Fuquay-Varina. Actually it's two towns combined, so there's two downtowns:D. Anyways, at one lady's used clothing store, my mom found a smallish bulletin board covered with a vintage-like cloth that says that "Rome, Paris, London, and Madrid" and each place has a famous landmark from there. It's hard to explain, but maybe I'll someday be able to get a pic of it. There wasn't a price on it, so I asked the lady, who was Spanish, and she said 3$! I think she liked me (she was pretty funny!). After that we went to an antique store. Now, let me just say that antiquing is not my idea of fun... no thank you:). But this store was different-- they had a ton of vintage, shabby chic stuff, just my style. I found some amazing pieces for my room that will definitely be on my Christmas list. In the way back of the store I found a pair of shoes. They're black, low-heeled, with gold stitching and silver sequins on the front. Sounds cheesy, I know, but they're BEAUTIFUL... and they were only four bucks! Can't beat that with a stick! We went to a coffee shop in Varina next, The Chocolate Bean. I got a Raspberry Mocha and a seasame seed bagel (I was starved!). They were great! Oh, in the coffee shop that a machine where you could create your own pixie stix! I didn't do it, but I bet I will sometime:). We went grocery shopping and then came home, at about 3:00. A few minutes we went back out again, this time with Paige and my dad, to a gorgeous park 20 minutes away. There's tons of woods and an AMAZING, huge blue lake in the center. It was stunning. And they have a volleyball pit! Need I say more? We had a blast, of course. Now it's 6:40 and I am hungrily waiting for pizza and a movie. Yay! And at 9:00, one of my fav tv shows is on, Monk. Only three more episodes of the series left!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
But, anyhow, it was a wonderful day!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm going to post comments on here just so it looks like people actually read my blog!
Hello again! Nice post, sister!
I'm sorry, do I know you from somewhere?
Ack i'm talking to myself!!!!!!!
I can't wait for Christmas. Actually maybe I can. 'Cause I get to go to Virginia, but it also means 2009 is ending! And that CAN'T happen!
Post a Comment