MY.
GOSH.
I finished my novel Enslaved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was about two nights ago at 10:00 PM after writing for like 2 hours (i'm estimating:). I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FINISHED!!!!!!!! I know since I haven't posted in a long time (this is the first post of 2010!) I have some things to tell y'all 'bout, but I'll start with this. Oh, first, here's a list of my next few things to blog about, so stayed tuned!
1. Percy Jackson
2. My review of Star Trek
3. Pictures from Christmas and with Molly
4. A complete writing update on all of my stories
5. An update on my favorite music and books
Contents of this post:
1. Statistics of Enslaved
2. An Enslaved timeline
3. A thank you to everyone who helped me with it
4. My dream cast for Enslaved
5. The contest!
6. The characters
7. Molly's blog!
Take a look at the statistics for Enslaved!
Final page count with pictures: 133 (in print form)
No pictures, smaller text: 106 (print form)
Book layout with pictures: 280
Book layout with no pictures: 215
Final word count: 51,119 words!
An Enslaved timeline... or, Enslaved through the years...
2006 (i think)-- Caroline is making up stories. Finds postcards with pictures of fairies on them; wants to use those fairies in a story.
I'm guessing summer 2006-- plucks a character from another story of hers and sticks that character (Lorelei) into a story with the fairies.
Still probably 2006-- comes up with more characters, such as(in order): Quarlyn, Torene, Will, and Quinne.
Still spring/summer-- actually has somewhat of a plot! No, you say! Really! Plot: People from all over the country Lorelei rules are disappearing! Oh no! She gives on an adventure with her friends (Mirleye, Halwin, Greenall, Quarlyn, Torene) to try to find them!
Same time-- story changes dramatically from pre-writing to beginning writing in the infamous pink notebook! All of you who were there at the beginning remember this notebook, I'm sure.
Same time AGAIN!-- WRITES. WRITES. AND WRITES AGAIN. Already has screaming fans. Well, at least one (i'm talking about you, Gail:D). Consequently, Caroline finds out that her cousin (Lorna) is also writing a book! Hence, from here on out they become the writing cousins.
Summer of 2007-- LOSES THE NOTEBOOK! *cries hysterically*. Thinks she left at the horse farm; not there. Oh no! What will she do? Goes to the library-- she left it there!!! YAY-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Begins writing once more.
Fall of 2007-- Runs out of room in the pink notebook; continues in the Chococat notebook.
November 2007-- Finishes it!!!
April 2008-- Moves to Iowa. Is surprised at the SPACE and the SKY after living in Northern VA where space is virtually non-existent! Pines for friends in Virginia; then meets new friends Caroline S., Stephanie, and Alaina! Yay! Begins second draft of Enslaved. On the computer. Starts playing volleyballl; becomes addicted to it.
Sometime that year-- finishes the second draft. Meets Olivia and Ellie!
March 2009-- moves to The Outer Banks, NC. Misses friends in Iowa (still does!!!) and Virginia. Wishes she were in either place-- anywhere except the OBX. Swims in the ocean a lot. Meets Julianna; is less lonely now! Goes to Virginia THREE times over the summer. Olivia and Ellie come to visit! Caroline is extremely happy about that but very much wants to move. Wants Stephanie to come visit her!!! (next year, Steph? Pretty please?XD) Begins THIRD AND FINAL draft of Enslaved in April! The story changes HUGELY, departing almost completely from the original plot. Characters get face lifts, which were desperately needed. Olivia reads the story, then Ellie! In Virginia, Caroline meets her writing mentor, Betty, for the first time! Starts another book, Cymbeline.
During the writing of the third draft-- mourns at how awful the first two drafts are.
October 2009-- MOVES AGAIN. Scratch that; moves while she has pneumonia! (it was walking pneumonia, which isn't as bad.) Takes little notice of her new house (still in NC) for a few days. Caroline gets better and meets Molly, her next door neighbor! Very happy now! Reaches 200 pages! Is thrilled to hysteria.
November 09-- Screams, cries, pulls hair out, and seriously debates throwing the computer out the window. Hates Enslaved for a little while. Has HUGE plot difficulties and has no idea where the story is going.
Around the same time-- revises to the point of breaking!
January 2010-- Somewhere along the way manages to pull together the sad remains of Enslaved. The last night before the finish, she figures it all out! Caroline is practically crying with happiness. She's off in happy book-dom. Stephanie reads Enslaved! Caroline finds out about a contest, The Amazon Novel Breakthrough Award for fiction! The winner of the grand prize receives a publishing contract with Penguin and 15,000 dollar advance. She decides it's a no-brainer, and makes it her goal to reach 50,000 words in Enslaved, which she has to have to enter the contest.
January 21, 2010-- gets up at 6:00 AM because she knows she's on the final stretch. Talks to Julianna on the phone and says she'll finish the story tonight!
Around 10-10:30 PM, January 21, 2010-- Reaches 50,000 words for the contest! And then, Caroline... FINISHES THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's the LONG Enslaved timeline for you! There'll be more of it to come, what with the contest! And now, since this is a special post for Enslaved, I'm going to thank people who helped me with the book!
My friends who read the book, loved it (I hope), reviewed it, and told me what was wrong with it: Lorna (cousin), Gail, Bethlehem, Ellie, Olivia, Stephanie, Claire, Gracie (cousin), Madison, and Casey
My Nana Kitty, for always reading her crazy's granddaughter's stories with zeal!
My writing mentor, Betty, for giving me advice, writing tips, and sending me all this awesome writing news!
My sister, Paige, for making the cover for Enslaved! It's awesome! And for writing her Enslaved mini-series, Lorelei and the Nun-chucks! Ask me about it, and I'll email it to you!
My parents, for always believing I was a good writer, and for raising me to love books! That's where it all began! And also for buying the computer. But most of all, for raising me to love Jesus!
My grandma and grandpa, because you make me laugh!! I love you!
My other friends, Molly, Emily, Emilie, Alaina, Abbey, Alice, Christina, Sarah, and Grace, and Caylee, for being my friends! That's a pretty good reason! lol:)
Owl City, Taylor Swift, Enya, Bryan Adams, Klaus Badelt, TheHeartRender from youtube.com, Sanctus Real, Carrie Underwood, Matt Willis, Yellowcard, and Harry Gregson Williams for giving me inspirational music to write by!
Shannon Hale, Rick Riordan, Elizabeth Marie Pope, Michael Buckley, Juliet Marillier, Eoin Colfer, and Beth Hilgartner for writing the novels that inspired me to want to write like them... thank you for your words.
But above all, I thank Jesus, for taking away all my sin, and for giving me the love of books and writing... I can't do it without you.
If there's someone I've forgotten, I'm sorry, but thank you for taking an interest in my writing and God bless all of you!
I thought I'd share my dream cast for Enslaved-- hey, a girl can dream, right?XD
Will--Ben Barnes
Torene-- Alexandra Daddario
Merien-- Taylor Swift
Quinne-- Chris Pine
Lorelei-- Miranda Otto
Dominik-- Jake Abel
Helena-- Romola Garai
Quinne Sr.-- Bernard Hill
Vatha-- Segio Castellitto
Gahfi-- Robert Carlyle
Kanmir-- Pierfrancisco Favino
About the contest... I found a contest a few days ago called 'The Amazon Novel Breakthrough Award.' Check it out-- http://www.amazon.com/b?node=332264011. It's for novels only, and for anyone 13 or older. There's two divisions, General Fiction and Young Adult Fiction. There's a grand prize for both categories-- a 3-5 night trip to The Venue (i'm guessing that's New York), A CONTRACT with PENGUIN, and a 15,000 dollar advance! What's up! My dad is reading/editing the story for me (he's a professional editor) and I have to submit it by Feb.7th. So i finished it just in time!
And now, here are pictures of the Enslaved characters!

Will Iryas (thanks to Spareoom.net)

Torene Crenshaw (percyjackson.org)

Merien

Lorelei

Dominik

Quinne

Vatha
Coming to the last bit of this post, my friend Molly now has a blog! Go to http://molly-foreverfreckled.blogspot.com/ to check out Forever Freckled and see all her ridiculously awesome stuff!
Whew... quite a long post... that'll be all for now! I'll tell when anything new happens with Enslaved!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment