Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh dear! And a tag. :)

I realized that I forgot one of the books I read this year! So here it is.

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt-- 3 to 4 stars. This is what I would classify as a "beautiful book." Natalie is an amazing writer, and she has some of the best prose I have ever seen. Each word seems to be very carefully picked. However, I felt that the characters did not reach their full potential, and were a bit simple. The issues raised within in the story were really good ones to think about, and I'm really happy with where the story ended. This is one of the few books where I actually liked the movie version better. Recommended!

And on to the second part of this post-- a tag! This tag has been going around a lot lately, so I thought I'd do it. You're supposed to name eight books you'd like to live in (for a week, which seems a little long to me) and then tag eight people. here goes!

1. Narnia
2. Rest-and-be-Thankful (The Sherwood Ring)
3. Ingridan, Tira (River Secrets)
4. The Shire
5. Rivendell
6. Firemoon (from my book Enslaved)
7. Camp Half-Blood (Percy jackson)
8. Pemberley (Pride and Prejudice)

I now tag Paige, Molly, Olivia Grace, Amber, Rachel Danielle, Melody, Morgan, and Caroline! Also anyone who just thinks this looks like fun!

On a random note, tomorrow is my birthday!!!!♥♥♥

Farewell, maidens and warriors!

5 comments:

Melody said...

Thanks for the tag! It looks like a lot of fun. :)
Hope you have a great birthday!

~Melody

Caroline said...

Thanks Melody! I think i like reading about these places rather than actually going to them:)

Melody said...

I agree! The stories are great, but I don't think I'd actually want to be the characters in them. (Like Frodo - he goes through too much!)

Enjoy your break from blogging :)

~Melody

Morgan said...

Thanks for tagging me!
And Happy LATE Birthday!!!

Caroline said...

Yes, poor Frodo! I don't envy him. I'd rather be an elf:)

 
This template designed and installed by Olive Tree @ Robin Blogs.