Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oh, to have such wonderful characters...

Hello world, and all who inhabit it! (kudos to the first person who can figure where that quote is fromxD) I've noticed that I tend to get more comments when I post about writing. So here's more book-related stuff!

Myfawny, over at Thoughts of a Shieldmaiden (thoughtsofashieldmaiden.wordpress.com) is doing a series called "The Writer's Magic". In her last post, she listed her favorite characters from books and movies. Now, I've done that before, but I thought I'd do it with pictures, girls as well as guys, and the reasons I like them. I'm not trying to copy you, Myfawny-- ok, well, maybe I am. I just love the idea, and I love talking about my favorite characters!


Razo and Dasha from the Books of Bayern. We don't often get such good-looking, optimistic, happy-to-read-about kinds of characters. They're both very funny and have such a good outlook on life. At the same time, they can have serious sides and when it comes down to it, they are extremely loyal and would die willingly for their friends.


Percy from Percy Jackson and The Olympians. I like his book version better than his movie version. He's funny, good-looking, loyal, sometimes dorky, heroic, and just plain cool. 'Nuff said.


You prepared for a long one? Peggy Grahame, Dick Grahame, Eleanor Shipley, Peaceable Sherwood, Barbara Grahame, and Pat Thorn from The Sherwood Ring. Oh, to have such characters. You've got Peggy, who's feeling a bit lonely and pessimistic; Dick, the proud, handsome young colonel; Eleanor, the beautiful, teasing, mind-reading farm girl; Peaceable, charming roguish outlaw; Barbara, clever and stubborn, burdened by her sick old aunt; and lastly Pat, the cheerful, good-looking, rejected young British scholar. Need I say more? Don't you want to read it already?

Jacob Grimm from the Sisters Grimm. No picture, sorry. He's funny, brave, loyal, handsome, and stands up for his family and those he loves. It seems like most people don't like him, but I do. He's very well-written and complex.


Enna from the Books of Bayern. She's brave, well-written, strong, sarcastic in a good way, teasing, loyal, heartfelt, and loving. You just can't help root for her. My only complaint is that she can be a bit feministic. (sp?)


Peter Pan from... guess where... Peter Pan. Most people will probably hate me for this and tell me he looks like a girl (HE DOES NOT) but I don't care. Ok, actually, i do, but that's beside the point. I have to say that I like the movie Peter better than the book Peter. He's clever, knows how to fence, cute, and acts like a real human being, not all cruel like he is in the book. Just gotta love him.

(I originally had Westley and Buttercup from the Princess Bride here, but took them out due to the fact that neither of them are very original characters)


Edmund from The Chronicles of Narnia, movie versions. He's mischevious, funny (they HAVE to be funny), wicked awesome with a sword, and just plain cool. There's no getting around that. I love his character.

Must get off the computer now... I'll do part two soon! Hope you enjoyed that! Leave a comment and share your thoughts. Au revoir, mon amie!

8 comments:

Hannah Nicole said...

LOVE Razo! And what do you mean Buttercup has no brains?

Caroline said...

I know he is such a great character! And I guess I don't mean that Buttercup has no brains, she just seems (to me) to be a kind of useless princess:). I don't mean any offense to those who like her. I think that's what makes her a good character.xD

Unknown said...

You are so right about Edmund! I LOVE his character! Just plain love it!

Caroline said...

lol thanks Lizzy! Ed is so awesome! I like him better in the movies than in the books:). who're some of your favorite characters?

Caroline said...

@Sierra--

About the photo question you asked, my sister says Photoshop is always good, but also...
A good free one is www.gimp.org, or you can try www.sumopaint.com/app.
These photos were actually done with Photobooth on my nana's Mac. Anyways, I hope that helped! I'll post this on the comment section of my latest post so you don't miss it:)

Unknown said...

Oh gosh I should do a post on your question, lol!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said...

Yeah definitely!!! That would be so cool!:)

 
This template designed and installed by Olive Tree @ Robin Blogs.