
Rules:
1. Tag at least five 'sweet friends,' on Blogger
2. Answer the tag (below) in your post
3. You may tag the person who gave you this award
4. Don't forget to comment on the post that awarded you!!!
You are _____ in your family. youngest
Do you have your own camera? yep, it's a hand me down from my sister. An HP Photosmart. With it, I've realized that I don't need a 1,000 dollar camera to take awesome pictures!
List three of your character qualities. Um... funny, outgoing (sometimes), and obsessed with writing:)
What is your favorite thing to blog about? Books and writing.
How long have you had your blog? Since August 2009
I now tag:
Molly @Forever Freckled
Paige @Pixel Paige
On to the second part of this post!!!! Ok so lately I have like just been OBSESSED with this book/tv show called Christy. It's by Christian author Catherine Marshall, and it's about 19 year old Christy Huddleston who goes to teach school in a backwoods mission in Tennessee. I was reluctant to read the book, I mean, it has a really dated 70's cover. But I had to read it for school, so there was no way to get around it. And then... BOOM!!! I am hooked! About 15 years ago they made a tv series that is just as awesome, if not more awesome than the book!! Here are some pics to get you interested:)

Left to right: Fairlight Spencer, mother of some of the children in Christy's school and one of Christy's best friends; Christy Huddleston, heroine; David Grantland, the mission's preacher (who's also pretty cute); Miss Alice Henderson, who sort of runs the mission; Dr. Neill Macneill (no joke); and Ruby Mae Morrison, who lives at the mission and is one of Christy's students.
Just looking at the pic makes me want to watch it!!!

The Great Smoky Mountains where the mission is located.
So, what the heck are you sitting here reading this for???!!!! GO OUT AND READ/WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 comments:
Oh, I've seen that before! I loved it but my dad didn't; he said it was too "intense". But I still love it!
I know I love, love, LOVE it!!! You should totally read the book, the show was really faithful to it. Intense? I don't think it would be Christy if it wasn't like that!!:)
Oh, yes! I read that book! It was awesome!! The pic is from the Christy television series. They were so good! There was also a movie trilogy made that has the same doctor in it. We should totally watch them together sometime!!
Oh, I love Christy. I like it when she gets together with Dr. McNeil instead of David. I don't like David. :P
WAIT, WHAT?????!!!!!! Ok so I'm like not even halfway through the book!!
Yeah Sarah, i love that pic of all of them!! As I said in my post I am totally obsessed with the show:). yes next time we come up we need to watch it together!!!!!!!!!! i would love that! Oh, what's the trilogy called? sounds interesting! i love that actor's name!
Oh, sorry, did I spoil it for you? :(
I think I've heard of that show before!!!!!! One of my friends used to watch it I think... I should watch it!
Shaynie-- not completely, I already knew some of that:). I was just hoping I was wrong!:D
Molly--ooo yes you must!!!! it's so good! lol your friend has good taste!:P
Post a Comment