Monday, May 31, 2010

Writers, take your mark!

Or should it be, writers make your mark? Because...

30,000 WORDS IN 30 DAYS BEGINS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you ready? *bounces up and down in excitement* Well, are you????

So fire up your laptops, turn up the music (if you like to write to music as I do), settle in, and be prepared for one hectic month of writing! But seriously. We got this. We can do this, ladies! By the end of June we will each be 30,000 words farther in a book. And that makes it all worth it.

Hannah from Aspire has made us a blog for the event! So three cheers for Hannah! Here is the link: 30,000 in 30. Lizzy, The Golden Eagle, Memzie, and Cassie, could you each leave a comment for me with your emails in it? I just enabled comment moderation so I will not post your email addresses.

I will be getting up at 6:00 tomorrow so I can begin writing. What about you? What does your writing schedule look like?

Tomorrow, writers and friends... BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 comments:

Melody said...

I'm so excited! I should get to bed early tonight (instead of writing, like I usually do) so I can get up early and write then! ;)
So how does it work on the blog - are we all able to post & such? And is it private or not?
Can't wait! :D

~Melody

Cx2 The Artist said...

can't wait!

Caroline said...

Melody--Hannah and I are still working on the details, but we'll be able to post (if we chose to) and it will be private.

Ciara--me too!!!!

Cx2 The Artist said...

oh, and i think i will be writing in my other book (i am writing three right now :D)i haven't a name for it yet. but A Sword a Stone and a Girl Alone, i kinda have to work out with Caroline. we're both creating the story from different perspectives, and we haven't gotten to the next section.

Mary said...

Who has permission to go to the blog? I tried to go and my access was denied.

Caroline said...

Ciara--that's okay! Just keep it to one story as that would be less confusing.:)

Guin--Hannah should have sent you an invitation. Did you try signing in with your google account?

Golden Eagle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caroline said...

Sorry Golden Eagle, I accidentally published your comment with your email in it, then deleted it. That's why it says the blog administrator removed it. Sorry bout that!:)

Caroline said...

No problem, Memzie! It's fine! Be expecting an invite from Hannah any time now:)

Cassandra said...

This is exciting! My blogger email is cassie{at}literaryladies{dot}com

Oh, and you may publish this comment if you want.

What a perfectly lovely idea!

Cassandra said...

I'm going to use this month to finish my rather neglected NaNo novel. I'm going to be getting to bed earlier and writing my 1,000 words right before I go to sleep.

Thanks for hosting this... it should be so much fun! (And not as crazy as NaNo in November where I wrote like 59,000 words... Ouch.)

Love,
Cassie

Mary said...

Thanks for the invite, Hannah! (I'm putting this on your blog, Caroline):P

Caroline said...

Goodness gracious, Cassie! 59,000 words? That is sooo cool! Yes, I think it'll be a blast! I'll go give Hannah your email right now:).

Guin--haha!:P

Cx2 The Artist said...

my brain blanked last night, and for some reason i thought it was 10,000 words per day...wow am i glad i figured that out!

Caroline said...

10,000 words per a day? Wow, if we could do that, we'd be prodigies!

Anonymous said...

I thought that Nanowrimo was in November???
I tried last year and didn't finish.
Did it change?
*Why am I still on the computer?? I need to get upstairs and write!*

Mary said...

Hey Caroline-
Do we have to publish our work on the blog? 'Cuz if I do, I won't be able to self-publish it...

Caroline said...

Tessa--It is, but this isn't NanoWrimo, it's something I decided to do;).

Guin--No, you don't have to post excerpts on the blog if you don't want to.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!!!! I am so amazed that I didn't find your blog sooner, I found it through Guinevere's blog.....

And you're reading the Thief series!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

that's amazing, I've got the whole series(including the one that just came out) and I love them!!! Absolutely love them: what do you think of them?

I've got a feeling we've got quite a bit in common. =D

Caroline said...

Hey, Nahla!

Yep, as you saw, I'm on the King of Attolia:). I still like The Thief the best. I didn't really like The Queen of Attolia as much. So I wouldn't say they're my favorite series, but they're very well-written and original! I CANNOT wait to read a Conspiracy of Kings!!!! I love Sophos! Did you like it?

I'm going to go check out your blog!:)

Galadriel said...

Can I please be let in? My blogger e-mail is vdick@centurytel.net

Caroline said...

Sure!

Caroline said...

I have to go now, but I'll send you an invite as soon as I can:)

 
This template designed and installed by Olive Tree @ Robin Blogs.