Saturday, September 4, 2010

Crazy eights

So, my wonderful friend Shaynie tagged me with the crazy eights tag! Thanks, Shaynie!!

8 books I've read recently:

Mere Christianity
The Looking Glass Wars
Lost Worlds
Dear Mr. Henshaw
The Inside Story
Devos for Teens
The Green Book
Sorcery and Cecelia, or The Magic Chocolate Pot

8 Songs or Albums I listen to all the time (I'm doing songs):

Pieces by Sum 41
A Place in this World by Taylor Swift
Hey, Soul Sister by Train
Live Like There's No Tomorrow by Selena Gomez and The Scene
This is Where I Belong by Bryan Adams
Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwoole
He's a Pirate by Klaus Badelt
Our Song by Taylor Swift

8 Things I love:

fresh-smelling air
my Bible
pink toenails
white flowers
my Ipod
large cameras
secret agent movies
the ocean

8 Things I've learned this year:

1. Photography is actually quite fun!
2. I don't have to have met all of my friends:).
3. The writers of BBC Robin Hood are absolute geniueses--no questions asked.
4. Trying to be like the rest of the world is not what Jesus wants for me.
5. Sometimes, after you've been apart for a year, friendships grow even stronger.
6. That I shouldn't be envious of my friends' other friends. (a very difficult thing that I will probably always struggle with.)
7. I'm having trouble coming up with eight things.
8. It was better that I didn't win the writing contest I entered.

8 new recipes I want to try and make by the end of the year:

Nothing, cause I don't cook that often. What--Molly's mom's mini muffins. Pure delight.

8 Favorite online hangouts:

Blogger
My friends' blogs
Picnik
Gmail/Buzz
Polyvore
Yahoo
Shannon Hale's website
Goodreads or Shelfari, I guess, I really don't know...

8 Projects I need to work on:

Making flyers for my babysitting business. (Technically my sister's project, though, since she's the graphic designer...)
Cymbeline
Outlining my Nano book
Making a canopy for my bed
My paper for school
Homework from Poetry class
Writing
Writing a post for Phoenix Burning (me and Molly's writing blog.)

8 people I think should do this tag:

Autumn
Molly
Memzie
The Golden Eagle
Katelyn
Elizabeth Rose
Mirriam
Eldarwen

Well that was fun!:)

So, it's official--I'm doing Nanowrimo! I'm super excited cause I'm pretty sure I have an amazing idea for it:). I was starting to get worried...I was out of inspiration and had no clue whatsoever as what to write. However, at the library about a week ago I got out this book called "Lost Worlds" by John Howe (of LoTR artwork fame) all about missing worlds such as Atlantis, Troy, Camelot, etc. Wow. This book is stunning. Not as much artwork as I'd like, and maybe not as good as I thought it would be, but hey! This book gave me the inspiration for my book! So I recommend it.:)

If I give the names of my characters then I'll give away the plot, so I'm just going to post pictures.


John Dagliesh is the hero


Lucy Griffiths as the main girl (maybe...still not sure on this one.)


Steve Coogan as a supporting character. He's like the only one I'm really sure about.

I wish I could share the plot, I really do...it's just that that if I share it there's more risk of someone stealing it than usual, because of the kind of story it is.

Hope you're having a lovely day!

jäähyväiset!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked seeing your answers! :) I don't think I'll be able to do Nano, since I'll be starting my journaling blog at that time. But I do have an account on Nano...so we could be friends on there if you want. :)

Emileigh Latham said...

Oh! I love that song by Kamakawiwoole! It is absolutely gorgeous!
I also love that you put He's A Pirate by Klaus Bladelt. Very cool.

Love the characters! Very cool!

Woohoo! I've been tagged! Thanks!

Golden Eagle said...

I'm still not positive about doing NaNoWriMo, because I think I might be too close to finishing my book by then (Hopefully I'm not counting my chickens too early) to write 50,000 and I'm not sure I want to start another book, either . . .

What did you think of the Looking Glass Wars?? (That trilogy is one of my top favorites.)

Ellyn said...

I love your post! :D I too found it better that I did not *blushes* win the writing contest I entered. But that was with my "learning" novel that I wrote when I was about 11-13

And I always get jealous of my friend's friends too. Though it's better that it was. :P

Shelley said...

Cool answers! Our Song by Taylor Swift is one of my fav songs by her! :)

Caroline said...

Shaynie--yeah, it's tough to be able to fit into your schedule. I'd love to be friends on there! I'll email you after I set up my account:)

Memzie--I know!!! I love it more than original Judy Garland version:). It's so much fun to listen to while writing! (so is He's a Pirate. Especially for my pirate novel;D.)

Eagle--I know what you mean:). Keep your writing your book!! It is awesome!!! Oh and I'm still in the beginning of The Looking Glass Wars, but I'll be sure to tell you what I think;).

Ellyn--thanks! LOL, yes, at first I was extremely disappointed, but going back and reading it again, I was like, "Wow, it's a good thing this didn't win!" :D
Good, so I'm not alone:).

Shelley--me too! I love listening to it. (well obviously...haha:D)

Anonymous said...

AAAAHYOU'REDOINGNANO!
You MUST look me up & friend me - I'm Earwen =)
Thanks for the tag!!
~ Mirriam

Caroline said...

Sierra--oops, sorry! I fixed it.:)

Mirriam--yes!!!! I totally will!:D

 
This template designed and installed by Olive Tree @ Robin Blogs.