Saturday, December 25, 2010

O Come o come Emmanuel...

I was trying to think of a more creative title. :) I know I probably don't have any right to post, seeing that I've been a very naughty blogger, but I have a good reason--nobody sees my posts, anyways, so I was kind of like, "What's the point?" until I remember to get permission to make my blog public again. I always forget, meaning I don't post, and when I don't post, I forget...oh, I have a question. Does anyone know why only this and the previous post show up on my page? I don't what I did wrong, and I can't fix it. Please shout it out if you know. :)

Anyways, that be not the subject of this post! I'm here to say, Happy Christmas! Or Merry Christmas, if you like. Getting into the Christmas spirit had been difficult for me this year, but last night at our church's Christmas Eve service, I felt like I truly remembered the reason for the season. You know how you can know these things, but it doesn't sink in? Well, last night it did. :)

Christmas isn't called Christmas for nothing...where do you think the "Christ" part came from? ;)

So, to all of my lovely blogger friends, who are reading this or not, a very Merry Christmas to you and your family! Tear open wrapping paper with glee, decorate sugar cookies, try on your new herringbone newsboys cap a hundred times. (Someone didn't get one of those this morning...no, not at all...) I love all that stuff, but let me join the chorus of everyone else reminding us what Christmas is all about.

Thank you, Lord, for coming down to earth and dying for us, and giving us the privilege of spending eternity with you. Everyday you save me, and I honestly don't know how I would get through life without you. Thank you for loving me, and being my best friend.

Happy birthday, Jesus!

3 comments:

Mary said...

It seems like many people in the Blogosphere hadn't been in the Christmas spirit, me included. What is happening? :( I'm glad you got into it just in time. ;-)
Post more, Caroline! You have one of my favorite blogs!
Merry {late} Christmas! Merry Boxing Day!
ha.
Guinevere

Golden Eagle said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Caroline! :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! :D Glad it snowed! :D

 
This template designed and installed by Olive Tree @ Robin Blogs.