Saturday, January 30, 2010

The books for writers

To be a writer, you have to be a reader. There's no way around it! My love of stories and stringing words together to create perfect sentences came--and comes-- from the books I read. I consider my favorite authors like role models for writing. So, I made this list of the five books teen girl writers (or really anyone, for that matter) should read:

1. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
2. Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
3. Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
4. The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope
5. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

I picked these books for their plots, characters, and use of descriptions. Those are just a small handful of my favorite books. Read on, amigos!

2 comments:

Hannah Nicole said...

I've read 1, 2 and 5 of them. :) My favorite is one, though. LOVE Shannon Hale. :)

Caroline said...

Me too! I love that whole series. Shannon Hale is my favorite author:)

 
This template designed and installed by Olive Tree @ Robin Blogs.