Ok, so I just went to percyjackson.org, my source for PJ movie news, and found an interview with Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson), Alexandra Daddario (Annabeth Chase), Brandon T. Jackson (Grover Underwood), and Jake Abel (Luke Castellan). Pretty awesome, right? Especially since the interview was overlooking the Acropolis in Greece! And along with the interview... drumroll, please... they included a scene from the movie, with the Hydra! Now, the Hydra isn't in the first book, but hey, it looks awesome! Go check it out! www.percyjackson.org/cast/cast-interview-atop-the-acropolis-and-hydra-scene/.
On a random note, we have snow!!! Yes, real, actual, several inches of SNOW!!!!!!!! I was out sledding most of the day yesterday with Molly and Caylee, and went again this morning. We live right near a golf course (it's right through the woods in our backyard) so we just go through the woods and have perfect hills to sled on! I crashed a couple of times, sometimes into the snow, sometimes into other people:). No one went to the hospital.:D It's a few hours later now, and I went sledding AGAIN. I am rather sick of it now. it's amazing how there's always people on the hill! A snowfall like this is really rare for this part of the country. Molly and I were just playing a Nancy Drew computer game (the Hardy Boys are in it which makes it more excitingXD) and it takes place in Hawaii!!! I wanted to jump through the computer screen and into the water, cause I've had enough of the snow! The graphics-- from the people to the scenery-- are amazing.
My dad (he's the editor-in-chief of a magazine) and I are editing Enslaved. We have the prologue and part of the first chapter down. We have to send in a pitch, an excerpt (prologue and first two chapters of Enslaved), and the entire finished manuscript to the contest. Should be interesting... actually, I really like editing. It's exciting for me to see someone else's point of view on the story, and how they look at it. Plus all the suggestions/changes he makes, since he's a professional editor, really make sense, and they help to avoid confusion and make the story flow better. Now I know why authors thank their editors so much in the acknowledgments!
Stay warm and please comment!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Caroline! We have had a lot of snow too... I'm not really big on snow at all, so I was done with snow before winter even started lol! What is the Percy Jackson movie? I have not heard of it. Can't wait to ready your book!
~Sarah Fucello
Hi Sarah!! I like snow in the winter, but not too much:). This is perfect. The Iowa winter was much worse!!! Percy Jackson and The Olympians is a book series by Rick Riordan (they're AWESOME!!! read them read them read them!), and it was made into a movie. It comes out on the 12th of this month:). I am soooo excited!
ohmygosh! That scene IS awesome!
Oh I can't wait for the movie!
~Lizzy
Yes it is!!! 7 days till release! So you're a Percy Jackson fan, too?:D
Post a Comment