So, since Enslaved has been sent in to the contest, I haven't really been writing. That's sad, isn't it? I think I need to go write, something, anything, just to satisfy my insane need to write! I think us writers have that a lot. After I finished Enslaved, I was like, "Ok, time to take a break from the Enslaved world for a while" and like the next day I missed those characters and wanted to plot out The Crossing, the sequel to Enslaved. Not sure how that's going to work, but maybe I should just go start writing without a paticular plot in mind. Actually, I kind of do have one, but I don't feel like explaining it now:).
To continue with what's been happening in my writing world, I volunteered to begin a story for my writing class. There's seven other kids in my class, and we're all going to write the story together! Should be interesting, 'specially with what the guys come up with... I wrote about 480 words the other night (supposed to be only 300, sorry, Mrs. Eck!). I sent it to my friend Alyssa, who'll be writing the next bit. i can't wait to see what she comes up with!
I have a concept for a series, The Olivia Night Trilogy. It's going to be about The Brothers Grimm and their fairy-tales. It's hard for me to differentiate it from The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley (one of the BEST series EVER!!!!) but I'm just going to have to go for it. I'll list the characters (i love lists, don't ask me why):
Olivia Elise Night (this is a tribute to my friends Olivia and Ellie... haha)-- a sixteen year old British girl who's recently moved to an old castle in Germany with her family. She loves writing, imagining, reading, and stories. Basically, she's an older version of me!
Jacob Grimm-- this is the one thing that's kind of got me, the fact that I have a character named Jacob Grimm. See, in The Sisters Grimm, one of the main characters has the same name. He's not the Jacob Grimm, but he is a descendant, hence the name. He's my favorite character in the series, and I feel bad to have a character with the same name, but I'm like, I can't change my character's name; mine was a real guy. He's one of the two famous Brothers Grimm who go around Germany collecting fairy-tales.
Wilhelm Grimm-- Jacob's younger brother (only by a year, he seems like the older one to me).
Anastasia Hall-- a seventeen year old Olivia meets in Germany.
Georgie Night-- Olivia's ten year old sister.
Gwynnan, or Gwyn-- a wood nymph who lives around the castle and is Olivia's chief confidante.
Caper-- a fairy godmother
Chicory-- another fairy godmother, Caper's sister
Colian Night-- Olivia's cousin
Moving on to Cymbeline. I haven't worked on this in a while, which is probably why I need to go write some now! I left off with Isabel explaining to the gang (Julian, Elliot, Finna, Tresalde, and Carlos) how her father was murdered. Don't worry, it's not graphic. Never. I really want to move ahead with this, but it just feels kind of stagnant. I better write some soon, then, else it'll stay stagnant forever. And we musn't have that!
Now, with "I'm Nobody, Who Are You?" I haven't even begun to write. This is a historical novel about the poet Emily Dickinson. I became interested in doing this after I learned about her in my poetry book. Her story is tragic, romantic, strange, and I think she'd make a great heroine. I need to do some research before I actually go ahead and get started, but I think this'll be a fun one to write. No rousing adventure, no fencing (okay, might have to sneak a little in there!), no chases on horseback in the middle of the night. Just a quiet love story (i'm warning you, though, it's sad) about a girl with a huge imagination and an amazing way with words!
Got to go eat dinner... all this talk about writing makes me want to actually do it! Ciao, bella!
P.S.: I don't hate comments.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Caroline,
You must really like to write!!!
That's great!!!
Morgan
Yeah, I do! I'll let you know when it's time to vote in the contest:). Thanks for the comment Morgan!
Post a Comment