Friday, July 9, 2010

Heroes, part two

Bonjour! Thought you were at the wrong blog, didn't you? Isn't it lovely? Let's all give Olive Tree a big applause! *huge applause follows*

As promised, the heroes--and antiheroes-- I love.


Gen from The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner


Artemis from Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer


Allan a Dale from the BBC Robin Hood (you HAD to see that coming. Sorry, Molly.)


Sophos from The Queen's Thief by Megan Whalen Turner




Finn from The Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale



Edmund from The Chronicles of Narnia (the movies)



Costis from The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner (this is the actor Rupert Friend, but it's how I imagine Costis--minus the red uniform. He'd have something Roman-like.)


Carter from BBC Robin Hood



Uncle Jake from The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley (this is the actor Jake Abel, and in a few more years--or some really good makeup--he could be Jake Grimm.)



Percy from Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan


Merry from The Lord of the Rings



Farid from Inkheart by Corneila Funke (used to be one of my favorite characters...now I'm not sure.)

Others who don't have pictures:

Dick Grahame and Peaceable Sherwood from The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope
Tyson from Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Orlando from A Murder for Her Majesty by Beth Hilgartner
Andrew from After the Dancing Days by Margaret I. Rostkowski
Danny Garvey from Nothing to Fear by Jackie French Koller

Heroines are next!

11 comments:

Emileigh Latham said...

Great choices! I love them all!

Love the new look too!!!!

Unknown said...

Go Carter!

Anonymous said...

I like Merry, too! He's cool. :D

Your new design looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golden Eagle said...

I've only seen/read Merry, Artemis Fowl, Percy Jackson, Farid, Uncle Jake, and Edmund, but the others look interesting. :)

Shelley said...

Awesome new design! Looking forward to the heroines! :)

Anonymous said...

I awarded you!

Caroline said...

Thanks, everyone!

Zoe--I know right???!!!

Shaynie--he is cool:).

Golden Eagle--do you like the Sisters Grimm, too? I LOVE that series.

Shelley--why thank you! I'll try to get that up soon. :D

Caroline said...

Thanks, for the comment, Sierra! That's actually the actor Ben Barnes:). Do you like Bayern, too?

Antonia said...

Why don't you like Farid anymore?
I'm not sure about him. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I can't stand him. I prefer Dustfinger ;)

Caroline said...

LOL yes I totally agree!!! Bayern is one of my all-time fav series. And Shannon Hale is my favorite author:).
Ben Barnes played Caspian in the second Narnia movie, Prince Caspian, but you might not've seen that.:D

Anonymous said...

oh dear!!! I thought I'd commented earlier, but it didn't publish...

anyway, what I had said was that 1, Gen is my hero, and 2, all the ones I recognized were my faves too!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

 
This template designed and installed by Olive Tree @ Robin Blogs.