Last Saturday, this is where I went.
The ocean amazes me. Strike that; it stuns me, plays with me, roars around me, and contents me. The surf comes in and wraps around my feet and I'm just standing there, letting it brush against me, feeling what to me feels like home.
Of course, at the beach, there's thousands of picture possibilities. Striped umbrellas are the bomb.
Because...this place does feel like home. It is home. I lived at the ocean for seven months. The ocean is in my family's blood. And I connect to it.
It's big, beautiful, gorgeous, and the best part, made by God. Could this have evolved through centuries all by its onesies? How could such beauty just happen?
Ahh. The classic foot picture. I was determined to get a good one. Specially with the lovely nail polish from one of my best friends, Katelyn. 
I thought this was cute. I think the couple the chairs belonged to were at the water's edge, and probably wondered why some stranger was taking a picture of their beach chairs. :)

Oh yeah! I forgot I did a different watermark on this one. I like it very much. What do you think?
The waves were sorta rough that day, breaking before they even came to us. Now, my personal favorite--other than boogie boarding and body surfing--is when a big wave that's just broken is coming, and I run towards it, dive under the water, and stick my face right up in it. It's like getting punched! It muddles my brains (which explains a lot of things, actually) and tosses me and and somersaults me through the water but I love it. Most of the time. Except when there's no air and I think I'm gonna die.
The waves were sorta rough that day, breaking before they even came to us. Now, my personal favorite--other than boogie boarding and body surfing--is when a big wave that's just broken is coming, and I run towards it, dive under the water, and stick my face right up in it. It's like getting punched! It muddles my brains (which explains a lot of things, actually) and tosses me and and somersaults me through the water but I love it. Most of the time. Except when there's no air and I think I'm gonna die.
I love this little guy! I was following the birds around, chasing after them, trying to snap a good picture. Which probably granted me even more odd looks.
Good bye for now, my sweet ocean, my inspiration, my summer.(did I just say good bye to summer? What? It's 90-something degrees here! Apparently summer never got the message that it is now FALL!)
Anyways.
Can you tell I love the ocean?
Nahhh.




6 comments:
Oh, Caroline...These are simply beautiful photos! I love each and everyone of them! Lovely post, dear! Love you!
Wow, I wish I lived near the beach. :( Looks like you guys had fun!
Y'all are so sweet! Thank you!:)
Shaynie--this beach is about two hours away. A lot different than last year, when I lived two minutes from the beach!:D
I LOVE the photos! I've never been to a beach like that, ever. I've been to the ocean and I've seen it despite the fact I'm a little far inland, (LOL) but with waves and a blue sky? Nope. This post really makes me want to go there. :)
90 degrees? I won't sat I am jealous, but I am super amazed!! These are beautiful, Caroline! I love the colors in them. :)
Caroline,
Wow! I just love those pictures!
They are so inspiring, and well...fantastic!
I'm glad you liked your nailpolish. ;)
You really have a future in photography. (Not to mention in writing as well!)
Katelyn McKay
Post a Comment