The polls show y'all want me to talk more about my everyday life (if you haven't voted on the poll yet, DO SO!!!!!). So...seriously, what is so interesting about my everyday life? Maybe you'd like to hear a little bit about what I do when I'm not blogging. (surreee....)
1. Schoolwork. This year's subjects are: Algebra, World History, Physical Science, American Poetry, Bible, Spanish, grammar and vocabulary, and art. There's an excess of homework. Buuut....On Friday I had my science test and now it's OVER and that makes me HAPPY!
2. Going to the beach! Yesterday my family (which consists of me, my parents, and my sister) went to a beach for the day that is about two hours away from us. I had an amazing time. (I'll download pics later and do a post on it tomorrow. Right now I really don't feel like posting more photography.) Oh, and I got sunburned, like, everywhere. Anything that wasn't covered by my bathing suit was at the mercy of the relentless September sun, which, as it seems, has no mercy whatsoever. So that resulted in a burnt back, shoulders, arm, hand, chest, knees, and leg.
3. Classes. The physical science, poetry, and art classes are all out of the house and on Thursdays too, so on Thursday night I feel quite beaten. But i love my classes.:)
4. Volleyball. Our first practice was on Thursday night. It embarrasses me to say our team name. Well. Here goes. We are the *cough* *ahem* Corn Huskers. *cough cough* Picture on game nights, when both teams are on either side of the net and we're about to go on the court:
Coach: everybody put their hands in. On three, Go Corn Huskers!
*we all yell it and the people on the bleachers snicker behind their hands. The other team, probably something equivalent to the "Sting Rays" or whatnot, sigh with relief that at least they aren't on our team.*
But, aside from that, the team is fine. Oh wait, no. There's something on this team that drives me crazy. Absolutely NUTS. Know what it is?
A clique. And a bad one, at that. I shouldn't say any more.
We do have awesome uniforms though--apparently our shirts are going to be red and white, we have red socks with little white volleyballs on them, and hair bands with peace signs and our team colors.
5. Talking to friends. So on...well I forget which day it was, but I did have a good long phone conversation with my dear friend Julianna. Her older brother Garrett, you might remember, is battling leukemia. I'd like to ask you to keep praying for their family in this difficult time.:)
6. MERLIN!!!!!!!! Awww poor Merlin....the last episode was sooo sad!! But the next one looks amazing. Watch it. You won't regret it. Unless of course, like me, you get addicted to it, and then you might regret following my advice.
7. Now I'm going next door to bang on Molly's door and see if she's finally home. She better be, cause I haven't seen this girl for eight days.
I hope you enjoyed hearing about everyday things. Au revoir! :)
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Corn Huskers?! That made me smile. :)
Um, Corn Huskers? That's an interesting name for a team. :D
Sierra--haha, that's true! It is our goal to be fast on the court:). I haven't read those books. Do you like them?
Shaynie--It made me groan.XD
Eagle--Interesting? More like embarrassing!:D
How did you decide on the name Corn Huskers anyway?
Lorna--I think the association or the coordinators decide on it, so the players who will actually have to shout the team name get no say. Sigh. Although, it kind of fits when you consider where I used to live! LOL.XD
Hey Caroline! Thanks for following my blog! I checked your out and you and I seem to have some things in common. I really like that you write fantasy and take an interest to pirates! ME TOO!
Post a Comment