Monday, September 27, 2010

There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you

You've got troubles, well I've got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together and we see it through.

Those lyrics to "You've Got a Friend in Me" by Randy Newman have really stood out to me lately. Cause lately...I've gone up and downs with friendships. One minute I'm soaring, laughing and hanging out with one friend, and then the next, a surge of jealousy over another friend hits me, and I'm down in the friendship dumps the rest of the day. I'm a jealous friend. I admit it.

But not yesterday.

I'm sure you've heard me mention one of my bestest, most amazing friends on this blog many times before--Molly. This girl is awesome, let me tell you. We haven't even known each other for a year and yet we're super close, best buddies, partners-in-crime, and all the rest.

It'll be one year in November that we've known each other, I think. Of course, when we first met, we were shy and a little tentative. Who is this girl living next door? Is she as crazy as I am? I wonder if she likes to write, too? Is she a Christian? Will she think it's weird that I'm homeschooled?

Almost a year later, it's all gone.

She's Molly, one of my bffs. She's totally crazy, but we balance each other. She likes to write but her thing is music and running. She's a Christian just like me. Oh yes, and she thinks I'm a freak cause I'm homeschooled. (jk...or not...)

Seriously. Whoever it was who said "Friends are a gift from God" was absolutely right. When I moved here not even a year ago, I know no one. No friends. Who knows who I could've gotten as my next door neighbor? Maybe an annoying nine year old who wouldn't stop pestering me. A family with all boys. A family with tiny kids. A girl I wouldn't get along with at all. Maybe a nice girl, but with no possibility of becoming one of my best friends.

Instead, Molly is my neighbor. She's random. Spontaenous. Funny. A day dreamer. We constantly spout Robin Hood and Youtube quotes to each other ("That KILLS people, Carl!" "Oh, I did not know that!"). We can laugh, make fun of each other, and just be us.
God is why we're next door neighbors. Isn't He amazing?

Yesterday afternoon, we were in the process of making our music video--which, by the way, is pretty darn amazing and will be uploaded after we finish making it--when we got bored. Strike that, we got a snack, then watched iCarly (I secretly love that show) and decided to go to my house to find something exciting to do. We get outside...and it's pouring rain. Like a monsoon, baby.

Molly: On the count of seven!
Me: On the count of ten!
(I think we comprised somewhere in the middle.)

We dash out, screaming, and run across the driveway and my sideyard and up my porch steps. Once inside...

Me: We should do that again.

So back out we go, running into the rain and down the driveway and still screaming. We start dancing (DINOSAUR DANCE!!!!!) and run back up the driveway and run laps around the cars. Ok, now we'll go inside!

Molly: Let's do it again. No shoes!
Me: we'll get muddy! (attention: I love mud. My mom doesn't.)

But we go shoeless anyways. We're getting pretty wet and I can barely see anything (glasses) but hey...why stop?

Me: we're gonna catch pneumonia!!!!
Molly: I don't care!!!!!! Let's rain to my mailbox and up my driveway and around my car and back down my driveway and up your driveway and around your car!!!
Me: .... what?

I could narrarate (gosh I can never spell that word) the rest of it for you, but you get the idea!

Or maybe you don't....

Cause it was amazing. I think just to feel that rain on my face and do something crazy, and spontaenous, with one of my best friends...it's what I needed. We didn't care that we go soaking wet. We didn't care about having to change clothes. We just did it. Screaming, laughing, jumping in puddles, catching raindrops on our tongues, going barefoot in it all, and even sitting down in it. (That was me...and then Molly started splashing me...you are going DOWN for that!!!)

It was pretty darn special. That's all I can say, because we each have times with our friends that are indescribible (gosh, another problem word) and this is one of those times.

We came back inside, dried off and got into pajamas, and made mint brownies. (heavenly they were, too...) And then. It happened.

Molly....

went....

boneless.

*cue horror music*

I'm not sure why she was lying on the kitchen floor in the first place, but then I started dragging her by the hand, and it was a total Shawn and Gus moment. "Don't go boneless on me, Shawn, don't go boneless!" It's even funnier considering that we ARE like Shawn and Gus. (I wanted to be Shawn. I got stuck with Gus. It's kind of sad that we actually are similar.)

You've got your troubles...I've got 'em too.
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. (mostly)
We stick together and we see it through.

That was my day. My amazing day. My spectacular day. My day with one of my b.f.f.e.a.e.a.e.



buddies.

amigas.

pals.

friends.

sisters.

Love you, girl!

8 comments:

Emileigh Latham said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Love the 'running in the rain'! My sister and I did that one time. We were both giggling like little girls before we got back inside the house. Good times!

Hey, my word verification was 'buzzy'. How cool is that?

Caroline said...

Totally! Running in the rain is my new favorite thing.:) LOL, that's funny!! The word verifications can be prettyyy crazy...*grins* :D

Hannah Rose Beasley said...

That's great! Sounds so fun. I haven't seen my best friend in six years...I miss times like that!

Caroline said...

Six years?! Oh Hannah, that's terrible! I really hope you get to see her soon!!:)

Chloe M. Kookogey said...

I loved this post, Caroline! You two sound like such good friends--my sister and I are just like that. :)

Love you!

Elizabeth Rose

Golden Eagle said...

I love running in the rain! It's so much fun to feel the water all over and around me. :D

Molly Jarman said...

OMIGOSH!!!! What a funnn day!!!!! And yes, I do still read your blog. :))) Anywaysss... DiNoSaUr DaNcE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am shaun!!!! Yay!!!!!!! We are sooo different yet so phycoly the same!!!!! It's posaloutly amazing ho well we get along!!! Maybe I'll see ya" tomorrow!!! :)

♥,
Marsmellow (Molly)

Anonymous said...

I love that song too! :) I actually haven't ever met my bestest best friend. :) She lives in Iowa and we started out as pen pals and that was nearly two years ago.. :) I keep my fingers crossed: maybe I'll get to meet her soon! :)

 
This template designed and installed by Olive Tree @ Robin Blogs.