some of you mentioned not getting a chance to read Paige's lovely post...so, here you go. just keep in mind that i did not write this. haha. hopefully this'll tide you over if i find myself not posting for a few days. :)
____________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________
First of all, hello my lovely lovely people. It's hard to believe that you all actually follow me on a daily basis as if I'm this wonder woman or something. Let me tell you, I am. I am all that and more. Because wouldn't you know it, I have a long and interesting story to go with that. One day...
I was taking a walk in the park, carrying my dog Otis on my head (he always liked a good view). The view was lovely, the wind was carrying pink umbrellas, and the birds were pooping. Altogether it was an enormously fantastic normal day in LaLa Land. Otis started bouncing up and down excitedly on my head like a moose who really needs a restroom. I set him down on the grass and turned away as he joyfully bounded off in the direction of a nice brown tree.
Turning away, I spotted someone in a dark and hooded trenchcoat. He seemed mysterious and slightly diabolical, so naturally I was intrigued. I squished through the mud until I got back onto the cobblestone path and hurried after him.
Okay, so it turned out to be a she.
But how was I to know?
"She" was a skinny, orange haired person who sported a variety of longbows. She said her name was Christine the Mean and that carrots are not welcome.
"... my name is, uh, Caroline," I said at a loss for words. I felt so let down next to someone who had an awesome nickname. I shuffled my feet in the grass and tried to think of something to say.
"Ya know, vegetables aren't..."
"Do you want superpowers?"
WHAT THE HECK.
WHAT THE HECK.
I didn't say that but I'm pretty sure I looked like the mirror image of the large mouthed bass I pulled from the pond a while back. A dead large mouth bass at that.
"Sure!" was the first thing that flew to mind. I laughed. Boy, had I stepped in it now.
Before I knew it, I was swimming in the sea of happy unicorns and mushrooms. It was a joy filled place of happiness... and blue goo... I was swimming upwards in blue goo...
"Snap out of it!" Christine the Mean was standing above me. Otis was peering down into my face, apparently arrived back from his business trip. All I saw was a halo of orange hair and big, wrinkly jowls. Obviously the latter were Otis'. I looked down at myself and felt my arm. It was smooth! It was... it was... SPANDEX!
I was covered in Spandex. How glorious. But my moment of triumph quickly diminished from there. Christine the Mean shoved a finger in my chest.
"Remember, pal," she said, looking pretty darn serious, "Spandex is a priviledge, NOT a right." I grew pale. Did it look that bad on me? I supposed not since I had a right to wear it.
"Is there anything else you require, earthling?"
"Umm..." I was thinking of one of my childhood dreams. "Can I... can I have a beard of my very own?"
"Nooo," was Christine the Mean's slow reply. I began to break down in tears. Now it would never come true. Christine the Mean continued. "Otis asked first. Sorry, Caroline."
"Nooo," was Christine the Mean's slow reply. I began to break down in tears. Now it would never come true. Christine the Mean continued. "Otis asked first. Sorry, Caroline."
I paused and looked down at my wrinkly Boston Terrier. Indeed, there it was. A pointed beard. ON A DOG!
Life isn't fair.
Christine the Mean had disappeared in a puff of plaid smoke. Without even telling me what my superpowers were!
TO BE CONTINUED.
FYI, this story takes place in a dismal place called LaLa Land.
Otis and Me are real people.
So is Christine the Mean.
She lives in a virtual place that has to do with Saltwater.
I, Caroline, am also a very awesome dork.
Please visit these sponsors below. I can tell you right away that you will NOT be disappointed!!
PixelPaige.com offers the most awesome blog designs EVER! At no set prices. Basically it's name your own. She is known for working with colour and images, and is a photographer as well so can create you the perfect photo blog. PixelPaige.com also hosts websites for only $2/month (unheard of!) if you have any other ventures you need help with.
Click here to go to PixelPaige.com! You won't be disappointed.
Also, let me point out Saltwater Skyline. It's getting a revamp at the moment but is an awesome blend of storytelling and general humor.
Love you guys!
7 comments:
This was soooo utterly AMAZING! hahaha my new favorite story :D Good job Paige! Oh and Caroline...man you need to fix your security.
thanks Livia!! I suppose so...I left myself logged in on her computer:). But this was nothing compared to when we hacked Ellie's FB.:)
That's hilarious! I'm so glad you posted it - I saw the post in Blogger home , but by then you'd already deleted it. =D
I am so gald you posted this - I never go the chance to read it, but had the feeling it would be histerical. and it was. haha! :)
~bree
Haha thanks you guys :D it was my life's work and there IS more to come! Muhahaha.
lol Very funny!
But Paige -I can tell it's not Caroline's writing style! :D
Yes I had a feeling y'all would enjoy it! LOL:). Nicely done, Paige, but Ellyn's right--doesn't sound like me at all! :D
Post a Comment