SOO....I've been back since last Tuesday. And no post! Amazing! And kind of sad. But here it is. How was my break? It was good. Refreshing, I suppose. But when I came back, I realized something. I didn't miss blogging that much. When I got back on, it didn't have the same magic, the same fun it had before. I was unaddicted (or partially, anyways). It was a beautiful moment.
Now, I'm assuming you've got questions (yes, you do, and you know it) and I have answers! Here's what you might be wondering.
-Are you going to delete your blog? Heck no! I couldn't bear, ever, to delete this. I've worked so hard on it, hours and hours, with the writings and photography and whatnot. Plus, Olive Tree gave this blog an incredible makeover a few months back, and to delete that would just be wrong!
-So, you're going to just stop posting? Hmm...negative. I'm going to post from time to time, perhaps when the muse strikes me. I just don't want to be on Blogger as frequently as I used to be.
-Why do you say you're addicted to blogging? You don't post every day, and sometimes not even twice a week. Hehe. Well. I don't post every day, cause I like to get lots of comments (who doesn't?) and I like to have a post up for a couple of days before writing a new one. I don't want the first one to get forgotten. But, even though I don't post every day, I get (or used to get) on Blogger, like, 5 times a day, if not more. I was always checking for new followers and comments, and to see if anyone else had posted. I thought in blog posts. I was obsessed with blogging. No joke. You have to take my word for it.
-Will I ever see you again? Of course you'll "see" me again! It's not like I'm never going to comment or read y'alls' blogs again. I have too many lovely friends on here to do that! Just don't expect to see me as often as you used to. I hope, anyways. I love all of you, and I love your blogs, but I need to take a step back and live the life Jesus gave me.
Hopefully that clears it up! If you have any more questions, then just ask. :)
Now. Subject two. NaNoWriMo. *insert loud groan here*
Apparently, before the month started, I was living under the pretense that Nano would actually be fun. Let me tell you: I am not having fun.
Ok. Truth is: I kinda of hate Nano. It doesn't help that I also hate my book. Like, a lot. It's absolutely nothing like the vision I had in my mind for it. It's completely wrong. My characters don't have cliche personalities, because they don't have any personality. The writing is bad. Call me prideful, but I'd always considered my writing good. Maybe it's just something to do with having to pound out a book in 30 days, but this writing is NOT good. I can't stand it. I wrote 300 words on Friday night. I didn't write at all yesterday (hanging out with Molly was ten times--no, one hundred times funner.)
Uggh.
Yes! I'm complaining! I don't know how it's going for everyone else, or if you're finding this the most exhilirating time of you life or if you're suffering like I am. I hope you're having fun, I really do. I wish I was.
I think I'm done. This week, I'll post some pics from me and Katelyn's photo shoots.
I think I'm done. This week, I'll post some pics from me and Katelyn's photo shoots.

18 comments:
I'm with you about the writing. I'm really having a hard time with it - every time I re-read what I've written, I pretty much don't like it.
BUT we can't give up!!! I know that both of us will feel really good that we accomplished NaNoWriMo, and even if both our books aren't that great, at least we have something that we could always go back to in the future.
Anyway...just wanted to say "I'm with you, but don't give up!!" =)
Oh, and one more thing. You are an excellent writer. I always enjoy reading your posts...and really anything you write!
Just wanted to say that. =)
I'm glad you decided to stay around, Caroline! :D
It's too bad you're not enjoying NaNo. But if you don't feel like doing it . . . well, don't push yourself. It's for fun!
OOOOH! YOU HAVE 100 FOLLOWERS! Congrats, girl!
I'm so glad you posted!! :) I know what you mean about being addicted to Blogger. I used to be, but I've taken a large step back. I used to get on and check blogger, like, 10 times a day!! Yeah. Then I would spend HOURS on end just commenting on other blogs. And now that I've taken a step back (even if I haven't stopped posting as often) I'm realizing, like you, that blogger doesn't have that same... spark of interest in my life anymore. I guess it comes with getting older and realizing there are more important things in life. Like family, Jesus, school, and LIFE in general. :)
I love that photo of you, Caroline!! So lovely. :)
Love,
Eldarwen
Hi Caroline. :) *grins*
Hannah--Thank you!!! It is very hard, but giving up would be the easy way. I think getting 50,000 words after a long struggle would be really fulfilling! Let's go at it together:).
Eagle--Thanks, too! I intend to stay. :)
Eldarwen--Same here!!! I probably did do it ten times a day. Life itself--and everything else pertaining to it--comes waayyyy before blogging. And thanks! I like that photo, too. :)
Shaynie--hello yourself :P
Yea... I was under that pretense too. At the beginning, I LOVED NaNo. But now that November is ending, the fun is sort of wearing off and I'm like... I have to WRITE!!??? AGAIN??
But I have to finish. If I don't... I don't know. I feel like if I started this, I have to finish it. My story is totally different from what my original idea was -I've actually sort of slipped into a whole other plot- and my writing is pure crap, but at least I'm writing. That's more than I can say about myself for any other period of time during the year.
Oh my goodness, 100 FOLLOWERS!
Haha, and I was happy about 14 :)
Well I'm so happy you're NOT deleting it, but I do love to read your posts and see your wonderful photography!!!!! =D
And I'm so glad your pictures turned out, and thank you so much for taking some of me. I'm (like I said earlier) in LOVE with them :)
Miss ya already :)
Katelyn
Kiki--you summed up my Nano thoughts EXACTLY.:) My book sounds pretty similar!:)
Katelyn--Everyone has to start somewhere! You made a faster start than I did. :)
It is very encouraging to hear about your wonderful break! Very refreshing. :)
Ugh. NaNo. I know how you feel! I HATE having to write the technicalities that every story needs to have, and that is exactly where have landed myself. I don't want anyone to read my story when it's finished.....
Hi! I missed you! I'm glad you're back!
I would love to participate in Nano some day, but I don't think that day will be any time soon. I'd rather take my time to whip up a story rather than feel as if I'm being rushed to make everything "perfect".
I'm sure that you've been told this before, but just remember that you don't have to be in love with the book you're currenly writing, and it doesn't have to be perfect. As long as you continue writing and never give up! The more you write, the better you will become.
Good luck, though. =)
Tessa
(PS~ Tomorrow on my blog I'm holding a holiday giveaway. Make sure to enter if you're interested!)
Welcome back, Caroline! I know how good the break feels...I had an unexpected 2/3 weeks off from blogger (life has gotten really busy for me lately) and just like you, I was badly addicted.
But the 'blogger bug' isn't so affective now. Although I know I still have a little spark in me, deep down, that loves Blogger. :)
Good luck with NanoWrimo!
-Alexandra
I didn't start Nano for the reason that I HATE writing when forced to, (I can't write poetry under force either for that matter...)
Glad to 'see' you again!
I'm sorry you're not enjoying NaNoWriMo! =( I actually write much better when I do a ton of it every day, so it works for me.
Anyway, I love your blog! Thanks for following me!
Haha I WON THAT WORD WAR you freakazoid <3 But you're mostly awesome all the same. We wouldn't want you getting a big head, now would we? I'm really happy you take breaks. Maybe it'll give you more time to help me market my business.
What a fun Blog! You're so pretty too... is that you in the picture? ...Wonderful.
♥
I know what you mean about NaNoWriMo. This year I did not enjoy it at all. I think I am suffering from a form of writer's block where you can hammer out words but they just don't seem to have any life.
Also just wanted to say that I started following your blog today and look forward to getting to know a fellow writer.
Post a Comment