Sunday, October 17, 2010

*hangs head in shame.*

Wow. I am bad. Very bad. I've been home for a week and I haven't posted a singe thing. Now, don't get yourself worked up and think I have any intention of leaving any time soon. Wait, strike that. I do intend to leave in two weeks for Nanowrimo, and throughout the month of November you will catch sporadic glimpses of me haunting my own blog, but that'll be about it, seeing as my time will be spent on a.) schoolwork and b.) writing until my hands go numb. And yes, I'll try to stick to shorter sentences from now on.:)

Alrightey! Well, as you can see, I used the second picture for my new sidebar picture. I happen to like that one better--the only reason I really asked was because my sister and my cousin both said no, that's an awful picture of me. Thanksss, guys. Love you too. :) (not that your input wasn't appreciated!)

I made this the other day on Picnik and love it. I feel like such a nerd when I get all excited about a collage I make on Picnik, and other bloggers and photographers know Photoshop and HTML like the back of their hand. But, it makes me happy.:D


(the big picture was taken by either Ellie or Olivia.)

_______________________________________________

Ok, so I'm finally getting around to posting the results of the poll, "What do you want to see more of on my blog?" Can we have some cheers, people? Hip-hip hooray!
The Golden Eagle did this originally, posting her results, that is, just to give her credit.

The winner is...
Tell us more about your writing!
with a whopping 21 votes.

I'll do my best to oblige! During November, I'll probably be posting a lot about writing. However, I can't give away too much about my novels for fear of the ideas and characters stolen by evil internet people who aren't smart enough to write their own books, but I will try. I have a post waiting to be finished on Enslaved as I speak.

Secondly:
More photography
with 19 votes.

Hmm. Well, I already post a lot of photography, seemingly like every other post or something like that. I was actually trying to cut down on posting so much of it. But, if you voted for this, you probably like my photos, so thank you!:) I do want to focus a little more on writing--after all, the blog is called "A Writer's Life For Me" but I won't stop posting my pics!:D

Thirdly:
Writing tips
with 17 votes.

Yeah! I'm glad people want to see some writing tips! I might not be the best writer in the world, but nonetheless I am a writer and I like to think I have some knowledge, however small, of the craft. Writing tips aren't the easiest thing that come to me, although writing often is, but I will make those posts more frequent. Go writers!

Next:
Everyday life
with 16 votes.

I am interesting? You want to know what I'm doing when I'm not chatting away to all of you wonderful people? haha:). I'll admit that my "everyday life" posts aren't my favorite, but I'll update you with my exciting happenings from time to time. After all, one can't be deep inspirational all the time (*grins*) and I'm really not in real life:).

Then:
Book reviews
with 11 votes.
I do not consider myself very skilled at writing book reviews. I did actually have a book-review blog for a time, but discovered it's not my gift (hence the deletion of the blog). However, if I do manage to find the time, I'll write some.:)

And...sixthly? Yeah, it works:
God and the Christian life
tied with the above for 11 votes.
This is something I'd love to write about, and do love to write about! God has done amazing things with my life and I intend to share that love.

Last but not least:
Write more inspirational, deep posts
with a measly little 6 votes. *cries*
LOL, I guess I'm not the best when it comes to deep and inspirational, huh?:)

Well, if this poll proved anything, it proved that I enjoy going my own way and not listening to people's advice! Hahaha:D. But I DO thank you very much for your input--it makes me happy to know you want to hear more about my books and like my photography!

__________________________________________________

I think that's everything! Again, I am sorry for being a naughty blogger--I hope I didn't scare you too much. Have a nice night, friends! :)

5 comments:

Eldarwen said...

I voted for writing! :D I get lots of inspiration when reading about other people who write, because I'm a writer too. It's always nice to find fellow writers (am I using that word too much?:)

I'm glad you posted!! I was wondering when you were going to come back to us! lol :D Missed you!

Love,
Eldarwen

btw, beautiful collage! I know, I'm not as talented as other people, but I do get excited when I finally figure something out. Even if it is considered kindergarten-level stuff. lol ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I will probably be absent from the internet a lot during NaNo. But we'll still e-mail, right? :) We have to! we're writing buddies. :)

Caroline said...

Eldarwen--awesome! I know what you mean; I love hearing other people talk about their writing:). Haha definitely, I get all worked up about making this little collage and my sister (who's a graphic designer) is just like, "wow, you're hopeless." lol!:)

Shaynie--of course!!! I just emailed you.:)

Emileigh Latham said...

Good to see you back! I am excited to see more of these posts!

Erin said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, Caroline! I have enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog and can't wait to read more posts (especially in relation to your writing and Nanowrimo experience). :D I am also now a follower. :)

 
This template designed and installed by Olive Tree @ Robin Blogs.